Most of us don’t associate pancakes with being fit but the reality is that you can make them enjoyable and healthy. It’s all about the ingredients you put in.
Nutrition facts for 1 pancake:
- Calories 95
- Total fat 3g
- Total Carbohydrates 8g
- Protein 9g
- 25g (1 scoop) of whey protein powder
- 100ml milk
- 1 large egg
- 50g porridge oats
- 1 tea spoon cinnamon
- ¼ tea spoon baking powder
- light cooking spray
- Add the oats, protein powder, baking powder, egg milk and cinnamon to the blender and mix until you have a texture like pancake butter (the texture should not be thin like you would do for a crepe but thicker).
- Heat a lightly oiled frying pan (preferably oil spray or low fat cooking oil like Pam oil) over medium high heat Pour the mixture onto the pan, using ¼ of the mixture for each protein pancake.
- Cook the pancake for about 50 seconds until the bottom is light brown. Use a flexible spatula to flip over the pancake and cook the other side. Serve hot with the filling of your choice.
- 1 banana
- 1 teaspoon of organic peanut butter
- 4-5 raspberry per pancake
- sugar-free syrup
You can find protein powder, sugar free syrup and cooking oil spray online on website such as myprotein.com for example.
Do you have any preference for your pancakes ? How do you like them? Let us know in the comment section below.